In Cotswold Corner we have kept the wheels of real life turning. It feels that the time is coming to emerge from hibernation for me. The sun today seems to tease of Spring. I tend to hibernate a bit over the dull and cold weather. I find it hard to do more than the usual day to day stuff sometimes. I don’t know if it is a kind of depression, I don’t feel particularly sad or hopeless but I’m wondering if I suffer from SAD syndrome as I normally feel better when there is sun and light. I may look into buying a light treatment lamp next winter to see if it helps. I randomly came across this article questioning whether humans could hibernate. I definitely have symptoms of a slowing metabolism. https://www.ox.ac.uk/research/could-humans-hibernate-0
February has been a time to plan and take stock. I have decided we have too much stuff that we hang on to. We tend to keep things that might come in useful one day. This is all very well but if you forget what you have kept I don’t see the point any more. So, it’s lots of bags for charity today. Sometimes our local hospice shop has a notice outside saying no donations. I think this happens when the manager isn’t in. I could sell stuff but I like the fact that our local hospice charity shop can be supported, and people in the local community can buy things they need at an affordable price. I have loaded up the car boot so hopefully I can drop off later.
It is half term this week so no work for me and lots of child care needed. It was an arty day yesterday. We had episodes of hail and some thunder and lightning. A lovely rainbow appeared although I didn’t manage to get a good photo of it in time. We chatted about how rainbows happen and the colours in order.
It hasn’t all been doom and gloom. On a sunny day I grab opportunities to go out when I can. We took the van out for a run recently before the storms hit. We went to Cirencester and stopped at the Dobbies garden centre for compost.
We had a little person on board so went home via Bourton on the Water to find some ducks to feed. The ducks had competition from gulls and scavengers.
Bertie the pup visits a lot.
He’s doing well with his training and although a really active breed he’s very obedient most of the time. He’s very loving and such fun to have around.
I’m doing an extra half day at work so not so much free time these days. Im ok at work once I get there. It keeps me active when I’m feeling sluggish. I’m taking advantage of that to get a few extra pennies for days out and holidays in the van.
I have been enjoying reading my favourite blogs. I get inspired by people’s energy and creativity. It helps to keep me positive on those dull days.
The daylight hours are getting longer and the solar lights are showing signs of life at the end of a sunny day. Spring will be with us soon. Take care all.

0 Yorumlar