Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

One hell of a logger!

Now about my tree cutting, and about my being "one hell of a logger". I really am, you know. :) I am kidding, of course, but my daddy always told us, "you can do any thing you set your mind to", and I wanted some trees cut! 



Would you just take a look at the nice wide clear space here along side the goat lot? All this area was enclosed with bushy trees. In fact, the big tree in the center is the hickory tree the snake was on.

I really did cut more than twenty trees and without the use of a chain saw. These are the tools I used...




But you see, most all the trees were slender, but very tall, so when each tree fell, I tugged, and tugged, and pulled it from the tangle of other tall trees then used the pruner to clip off all the limbs, 



making it easy to throw the whole thing down the steep bank. Hard to imagine how deep this gully is, now that it is filled with limbs and trees.


Some of the trees were more than just saplings.



this is where I stopped and shows a little of the undergrowth and brush.



Many little stumps left. Why, this was a thicket and impossible to walk through, or see through. There are probably twenty more small trees to be cut in this one spot...but I'm making progress. Letting in more light and air!

Okay, I'm done talking about tree cutting and my logging skills. I appreciate the comments so much, and Red's comment made me smile, and got me to thinking I should explain more. 

Oh, and believe it or not, I have new followers. Thank you so much! At least, I hope you are still here after another boring tree post.

Love,
Henny







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar