Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

There's No Place Like Home

We are home, but it was not an easy journey to get here.  Shortly after we were on the road north, I heard a clattering through the open truck window, Dayle looked in the side mirror and saw parts of the wheel flying off.  We pulled over and he checked and we'd lost an entire wheel off the trailer!  We drove back to find it and saw no sign of it.  We "limped" into McMinnville and got it fixed, and 3 new tires too boot.. at the cost of a large sum of money. :-)  Backing up a bit, Dayle found two more pieces of sea glass for me.. the big and smallest green ones.  Aren't they neat?
Remember the stone house I showed you, Dayle got this photo of the waterfall that is near it, tumbling into the Pacific Ocean.  Sweet.
Dayle's last collection of agates were wonderful! 
I think of each of these as a natural work of art. 
In my copper lantern my daughter gave me, they just glow in the sunshine! 
His last "haul".  I have probably 3 quarts of these beauties from this trip, the most we've ever found.  Thanks, Kristi and Dayle! 

Dayle took me to "Tidal Raves" restaurant in Depoe Bay for my birthday dinner - they make very nice items and have a beautiful view. 
I had grilled wild salmon with shrimp salsa atop fingerling potatoes and fresh vegetables. :-)  Artistically arranged, wouldn't you say? :-)
The windblown pine trees out the side window look like a natural painting. 
I took this outside the restaurant, just beautiful. 
How would you like a house here? 
I spied some interesting architecture off Hwy 101, so we did some looking about and I was charmed by these rainbow hued Adirondack chairs on this deck looking out to sea. 
Cute beach house, huh? 
Some neat rocks in Siletz Bay - there was a history sign there and 1700 this area was filled with Indian villages and were all swept away by a 50 foot Tsunami.  Imagine how awful that was! 
Our last night at the beach.. it was a wonderful week. 
Day is done.. gone the sun...  
Friday morning brought all the stowing of things for the trip, me helping Dayle back the truck up, I drop the trailer onto the hitch, and then off we go.  While I was waiting for D to unhook some things I spied this squirrel that I'd seen several times scampering along the beach.  He didn't mind me taking his photo. 
When we got home the tulips that we bought at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm were in bloom.. pretty!   
And all the lilacs are in bloom and ready to be picked for a huge bouquet.   
My white one is getting nice and big, I also have 3 lavender colored ones and 2 dark purple ones.  Heaven! 
I have sunk my face into these and breathed in the exotic perfume.  Love! 
The 2 varieties of tulips we bought. 
And our yard is all lush and green and wonderful.. the chickens did fine while we were gone, Gracie came to check on them and picked up 5 eggs, thanks, Gracie! 
When Dayle brought in the mail there was a birthday gift from my Daughter, Amy in Ohio, this wonderful bracelet made with 2 old spoon handles connected with a ring with 3 pearls on it.. isn't it neat?  I love it, thank you Amy!!
 Well, time to jet off to my DAR chorus practice in Happy Valley.  Then later we're invited to a birthday party for my oldest grandson, Michael.  Life is full.  Oh, and it's another sunny day here.. I hope your weekend is wonderful!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar