I think it's safe to put away the winter coats....finally, it's suppose to be 65 degrees and sunny today and in the slow 60s most of the week. Can you tell I'm smiling. Believe it ot not, we still have a small mound of snow on the shady side of our driveway, hopefully it will disappear this week.
Went to see The Longest Ride yesterday and I liked it a lot. It was quite sad in parts and we shed a few tears, but we were happy we saw it. It's based on the Nicholas Spark's novel, which I did not read, because I'm not really into romance novels anymore, so I am surprised how much I loved the movie. The acting was great, especially Alan Alda.
I've read a lot of sad books lately -- loved them, but they've been such downers. I hope to read something upbeat or a humorous memoir next. I just finished Accidents of Marriage on audio (review next week) and still have People in the Trees on audio going. How was your week in books?
Here's my latest additions in terms of new books:
- A Long Way From Verona; Jane Gardam (Europa purchase)
- Revolution Baby;Joanna Gruda (Europa purchase)
- The World According to Bob; James Bowen (paperback swap)
- The Sussex Downs Murder; John Bude (Poison Pen Press)
- Murder in Picadilly ; Charles Kingston (Poison Pen Press)
- Beneath the Bonfire: Stories; Nikolas Butler (Thomas Dunne Books)
- The Secret Wisdom of the Earth; Christopher Scotton (paperback swap)
- When the Moon is Low;Nadia Hashimi (William Morrow)
- Orphan's Inheritance; Aline Ohanissean (Algonquin)
- Eileen; Moshfegh (Penguin Press)
- In the Dark Places; Peter Robinson (William Morrow)
- When We Were Friends; Tina Seskis (Penguin)
- Don't Try to Find Me; Holly Brown (William Morrow)
- The Home Place; Carrie LaSeur (William Morrow)
Have a great week everyone!


.jpg)
.jpg)
0 Yorumlar