Today is my wedding anniversary. Twenty-nine years ago today, Mr. Forest Manor and I got married at our local Methodist church, where we also held the reception.
Afterwards we left to spend our honeymoon in Charleston, South Carolina.
We stayed at the Indigo Inn, during the week of Spoleto.
Those events almost seem like a blur now because our lives have been so busy (like everyone else we know) since then. We rented an older townhouse in Greensboro, and after a year, we got a Scottie puppy.
After two years, we bought our first house, a Craftsman bungalow,
After two years, we bought our first house, a Craftsman bungalow,
Life continued to zip by. My husband went back to graduate school to earn his MBA. We lived as frugally as possible so I could stay home with Will, and just before Will was due to start school, we moved back to the area where we grew up. We had our rough patches, like everyone else.
It was a tad stressful when our house was damaged by a tornado less than two years after we moved
in.
That's a story for another day.
Twenty-seven years after our honeymoon, we returned to Charleston in 2014,
and again just a few weeks ago.
We've been blessed in so many ways. There have been good times, with family --
and other times, just the two of us. I wouldn't trade all this for a million dollars! Hal, you're the best, and thank you for always believing in me and in us.
Happy Anniversary, and I hope we have many more years together!
Linking to:
"Thoughts of Home on Thursday"
Denise
Twenty-seven years after our honeymoon, we returned to Charleston in 2014,
and again just a few weeks ago.
We've been blessed in so many ways. There have been good times, with family --
and other times, just the two of us. I wouldn't trade all this for a million dollars! Hal, you're the best, and thank you for always believing in me and in us.
Happy Anniversary, and I hope we have many more years together!
Linking to:
"Thoughts of Home on Thursday"
Denise





















0 Yorumlar