COS is awesome.
I have lost track of the amount of readers requesting stuff or showing me stuff from COS in emails and social media sites. So I'm delighted to show you the AW16 collection!
I finally got to visit the Dublin store recently. I must admit, it was gorgeous. In theory, I shouldn't like COS but its hard not. I am not normally one for minimal or un-punk design but this is just too beautiful. It's stressful, minimal, well made design with little detail. COS are experts at designing clothes that sit perfectly on the body, look stunning and thanks to the minimal design, last for season after season.
My usual style is a bit more on the punk weird side but I make a serious exception for this brand. I think its something about being 30 now. I just don't want to fight my clothes anymore. I want to wear something effortlessly chic and stylish. I want to wear clothes that I can keep year after year. I think this is where the success of COS lies. In giving you just that, clothing that is so well made that it passes the test of time.
So going back to the collection. I am loving the darker jewel tones of the bottle green suits juxtaposed with the pop of lavender in the collection. Although lavender is normally a color I associate with Spring collections, it shows that the rules are made to be broken and are slowly being dismantled. This would also explain last season's rush on dark wine lipstick during summer 2015.
Another positive note with COS is that their clothing looks insanely good as a together look but also, the pieces can be mixed together to create an alternative look. The lavender cropped suit trousers look exceptional with the lavender jacket over the top but when paired with a navy overcoat, provides an entirely new look. Simple yet this is what good clothes are meant to do.
Another thing that surprised me about COS was how reasonable the price point is. The store in Dublin which is located just off Grafton street by Brown Thomas. I expected there to be an expensive label attached to something so well constructed but, its actually really reasonable. A quick flick through the New section on their website showed all items as being under €150. I'm impressed. I just wish I could have made the press event last week but sadly, as I am still in Italy with work, I've had to settle for the images!
I'm all over this green though. I am feeling this for the season.













0 Yorumlar